Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Challenges--- I Like it!!!

People always bang on me rather challenge me that they are able to track all my feelings and thought. How I feel, what I will think in a particular situation, how i will behave... in short they feel they can read me as a open book.
But the irony is that the more they challenge me with this, I must confess I feel the more I should mislead them. If I nod and say to them that their guess was perfectly correct, they become so very damn happy. Some where you know I feel like a winner in this game. If they can play a game with me, (here in this case it would be decoding my thoughts) even i feel that i should counter them and then the real game begins. You sympathise with their thoughts about you and you can directly get in to their thought process and at times you get to hear some wonderful revelations. Is it not one of the simplest technique to get to know what others think about you and about themselves. But then don't over look simplicity... one mistake and everything goes wrong. It is an art which needs to be mastered. Navigating in to other thought looks simple but then it is not that easy.
I hope after reading my short writeup on this topic one will stop proclaiming or challenging that you can track or know exactly what others think. One may be smart but always remember that there are many who are much smarter than you. So stop fooling yourself and taking pride in your capability of interpreting others thoughts.
Take care!!
Love
Haritha

2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Hmm.. Isnt this a trick that people stop reading your mind :-)

Unnikrishnan Menon said...

hey sreedevi! grt to see on blogosphere. never knew u had a page..n an interesting one...i must say. and thnks a lot for commenting with ur views coz thts wht i really expect ppl to do whn i write.

i understood wht u had to say and i used to believe the same as long as i just appreciated the surface. its time we scratch the surface & look beyond tht.

wht u spoke was bout love..i agree we do love our parents n they love us too. but the twist here is the love and blongingness r two different things. we make a mistake whn we belive tht belongingness comes with love. one is a pure feeling..while the other has more to do with control. parents love their children but do u think tht they have control over thier children thru out their life? do u hv control over all the things tht u love? look a little beyond the surface n ull knw wht im talking bout. let me write a quote by on of my fav author Kahlil Gibran:

"Your sons & daughters r not ur sons & daughters...they r the sons & daughters of Life's longing for itself!"

nyways..keep writing n commenting..ill really appreciate tht! cheers!!

Unni