Sunday, April 12, 2009

Operation boredom …


Am I really bored sitting alone? No not at all J thankfully you know what, I know how to spent time constructively. Sounds like a bit of boasting but that’s the fact. Yeah.. all philosophy apart, frankly speaking I was feeling very bored today. Come on yaar, how long can a person like me sit behind the confinement of closed door… but surprisingly I was doing that L.

Of late I sort of finished reading the book ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’, after that I went through some of the boring ppts of financial management, cooked food, cleaned house but still I had lots of time at my disposal. Finally I thought of going out for a walk and exploring some of the new avenue in Vasai. Entered a cloth shop when I was feeling too hot outside, (this was a technique adopted by my friend and me to ease ourselves in the cool breeze of AC in the shop) so if you are planning to adopt this strategy make sure that the store is air conditioned :D), showed no mercy towards the sales boy, I asked him to pull so many clothes out of the shelf that the sales boy became so happy, he felt that I am going to buy as many tops, which I had asked him to keep aside.

When the business was sort of getting serious, I slowly preferred to escape the situation at the pretext of not finding my favorite color, which even I was not sure off (there is no doubt that in such situation nobody would be sure of the color of the fabric that he was looking forward to buy). Poor fellow, he tried his level best but was unaware of my intentions. Must say, I behaved in a very royal manner as if I had so much money that if I felt like, I will end up buying the entire shop. I don’t know how could I control the whirlpool of laughter that was about to swirl out of me, but then you know I am a real good actress at times. :P

On my way back I thought of treating me with some real good food. I didn’t have to think twice, I automatically stopped in front of a diary and ordered for paneer. Reached home again I must say the same boredom started gripping. Called up ammuma, had a lovely conversation as usual, she gave me all the instruction as to how I will fall weak if I don’t have sufficient food; she asked me to take two glass of milk instead of one and the list goes on endlessly for half an hour.

Inspired by the speech delivered by her I thought of preparing Paneer thikka Masala and started cooking it for the dinner. The deep silence was killing me, so I finally thought of playing my favorite CD on the music system and played it little aloud… then it was all fun after that, I sang aloud with the music, danced to please my self and it will remain so forever (since if there is any award that could be given to bad dancer, I would be the winner of the trophy.. lovely na.. hmm .. but not that funny).. then what.. had what ever food I prepared like a rare wonder, praised me for my cooking skills and smiled at me. The only other guest was Meenu, cat who comes and sits in my house backyard regularly and must say the only other admirer of my garden except for me. Offered little food to meenu. And there ends the party.

Here I am back on my laptop filing my experience of the day…hopefully this will give some hint to all those staying alone as to how to spice up your day even if you have no one around.

I must say I am incredible!!! Just kidding, but I have no issues if you have taken it seriously J

Lovingly yours,
Haritha

1 comment:

Lakshmi said...

Looks like you are enjoying... shoping... achan paraya anna karimbumthotathil poyi :)